Downey Probate & Estate Planning Attorney
Reliable, Client-Centric Legal Representation
At the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port, we are committed to serving clients throughout Downey and the surrounding areas in a wide range of legal matters, including:
Our firm represents individuals, families, and business owners who need ethical and practical legal counsel.
Reach out to our Downey probate & estate planning lawyers today if you need help navigating the legal process and making sure your best interests are protected. Call (310) 526-3433 now or contact us online!
Downey, CA Probate Services
Our founding attorney, Mitchell A. Port, has been practicing law for nearly four decades and is a former IRS attorney in the Office of Chief Counsel. This unique insight combined with his practical experience makes him well-suited to handle:
- Family conflicts
- Disputes over property
- And legal violations made by individuals who have been left in charge of estates and trusts
If your estate is worth more than $55,425 and you have personal property in your name worth more than $166,250 at the time of your death, then your estate must pass through probate, even if you drafted a will that specifies your wishes for the disposition of your assets. The probate court will decide if the decedent’s will is valid and closely monitors the transfer of property among heirs.
If you are concerned that your property and money will end up going to the wrong people, then you need to speak to our Downey probate & estate planning attorney at the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port to set up a case consultation to discuss which estate planning tools you need.
Assets that are subject to probate in the state of California include:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Vacation Homes
- Real Estate
Our Downey probate & estate planning lawyer can assist you with any of the following complicated probate matters:
- Probate Litigation
- Trust Administration
- Will Contests
- Lost Wills
- Petitions for Probate
- Conservatorships and Guardianships
- The Removal of Executors and Trustees
- Post-Mortem Tax Planning
Estate Planning & Other Legal Services We Offer in Downey, CA
In addition to guiding clients through the probate process, we also offer a wide range of efficient legal services to assist clients with the following estate planning matters:
- Wills: Let our Downey wills attorney help you draft a detailed will that outlines your specific wishes in case you become incapacitated or suddenly pass away. We will take the time to become familiar with your situation so we can determine what should be included in your will to achieve your unique planning goals.
- Trusts: Clients in Downey turn to our firm to establish and administer a variety of trusts. Whether you want to hold assets you plan to manage during your lifetime or you want to make sure you can distribute your wealth with less of a hassle after you die, our Downey trusts attorney can explain all of the complex laws and regulations governing trusts so you can make informed decisions.
- Tax Controversies: Our Downey tax lawyer handles state and federal tax controversies and provides legal advice regarding property seizures, back taxes, discharging IRS tax liens, and more.
- Conservatorships: A conservatorship can be established for an incapacitated or disabled adult in your life who requires long-term care. Speak to our Downey conservatorship lawyer today if you have questions about establishing or contesting a conservatorship.
Set Up a Consultation with Our Friendly & Responsive Attorney
When you choose to work with the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port, you can count on our legal team to provide compassionate representation and guidance to help you determine the best route to pursuing your goals and protecting your legal interests. Our team takes great pride in working closely with our clients, so please contact us today to review all of your options under the law.
Fill out our convenient online form or give our Downey probate & estate planning attorneys a call today at (310) 526-3433 to schedule your case consultation.
“If you live on one coast and have a complex legal case on the other, you want a lawyer that not only has the knowledge and expertise to handle your case, but can make it as convenient as possible. I found that with Mitchell Port.” - Michelle F.
“My brother and I have been so fortunate that my father chose Mitch Port to create his Trust!” - Cathy W
Mitch is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and professional” - Lynne
High Record of Success
Work Directly With Attorney Mitchell A. Port
Nearly 4 Decades of Experience
Discounted Consultation Rate