Los Angeles Trusts Attorney
Safeguard Your Property & Assets
Whether you are interested in establishing a new trust or need to resolve an issue with an existing trust, the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port can help. Our Los Angeles trust lawyer has 37 years of experience and understands the complex laws and regulations governing trusts.
We can assist you with:
- Establishing and funding a trust
- Trust administration
- Trust litigation
- Contesting a trust
- Trust revocation
What Is a Trust?
A trust is a tool that can be used to manage assets during your lifetime and distribute them upon your death. A trustee must be established to manage the trust and administer the property when appropriate.
Trusts are often funded by:
- Real property
- Valuable items and family heirlooms
- Cars, trucks, and other vehicles
Trusts are useful if you want to protect certain assets for minor children or young adults who cannot be trusted with complete access to the assets.
You may establish a:
- Revocable living trust: A trust created during your lifetime to help manage assets and protect you in the event of illness; a revocable trust can be revoked or changed
- Irrevocable living trust: A trust that cannot be changed or revoked once it is established; this is ideal for tax or asset protection
It can be difficult to determine how to properly administer a trust. The process depends on the type of property funding the trust, the beneficiaries, and whether the trust is contested.
Our Los Angeles trust attorney can help trustees with:
- Impartially handling beneficiaries and distributing the assets properly
- Separating trust assets and personal assets
- Mitigating or resolving disputes with beneficiaries
- All tax-related matters
- Addressing debts
- Administering trust expenses
As a trustee, you have a big job. Managing a trust can be difficult, and sometimes simple mistakes are misinterpreted as misconduct. Beneficiaries, too, can encounter issues with a trust. If you believe that your rights are being violated or that you are being unfairly accused of misconduct, the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port can represent you in trust litigation.
We can assist you with trust litigation involving:
- Tax returns
- Accounting errors
- Trust property distribution
- Investment disputes
To get started on your case with a free phone consultation, call Mitch Port at (310) 526-3433.