Guiding Clients & Their Families in Probate & Estate Planning Matters
Transferring property from a decedent to their heirs can be complicated, but you can avoid the confusion. Estate planning isn’t all about big-ticket assets. Everyone with a home or a retirement account has an estate. Will your loved ones inherit these assets in the event of your death? At The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port, we ensure your intended heirs inherit your property and assets.
Our estate planning and probate attorney in Echo Park provides many services, including:
- Facilitate the payment of all debts and ensure all property is transferred to heirs
- Complete and file all required paperwork to finalize the probate process
- Oversee any property transfers and sales
Our compassionate and knowledgeable attorney has over four decades of experience. Attorney Port is a former IRS attorney and collection officer with unmatched skill in tax and probate law.
Contact our Echo Park probate attorney for help with a probate, estate, or tax matter.
You can call us at (310) 526-3433 to schedule a free phone consultation.
Which of My Assets Are Subject to Probate?
If you have assets, they will need to be transferred after you pass away. Depending on what assets you own at death, your estate will need to go through probate to have an executor assigned even if you have a will.
Laws for the State of California require the probate of certain assets, including:
- Primary Residences & Vacation Homes
- Checking & Savings Accounts
You can avoid this process by working with The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port to employ legal solutions known to save time and money.
The following legal tools can be used to avoid probate in California:
- Establishing Joint Ownership
- Creating a Living Trust
- Transfer-on-Death Registration for Securities
- Transfer-on-Death Deeds for Real Estate
- Transfer-on-Death Registration for Vehicles
- Payable-on-Death Designations for Bank Accounts
The compassionate and reliable estate planning and probate attorneys at The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port can work with you to find the solutions that will best fit your specific situation.
Comprehensive Counsel for Estate Planning in Echo Park, CA
If you have a will, you may need a more comprehensive estate plan to meet your needs. There are many other legal tools that may need to be employed to ensure your assets pass along to your heirs, so that you can avoid going to probate if possible.
If your estate needs more than a last will and testament, we can create an estate plan including any of the following:
- Trusts: The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port can create and execute a trust for your estate. For many individuals, a trust can provide important tax benefits and help you meet certain financial goals for your family. Additionally, many trusts can avoid probate.
- Power of Attorney: Establishing an agent to act on your behalf in advance gives you greater control over your assets, property, and final wishes should you become incapacitated.
- Advance Health Care Directive: Executing an advance medical directive establishes a healthcare agent to act on your behalf should you have a medical emergency. Your medical directive can include your wishes on many issues, including life-extending methods and long-term care strategies.
Free Phone Consultation Available, Call Today!
Whether you need help creating or finalizing an estate plan, the attorneys at The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port can help. Clients trust our team with their end-of-life preparations because we:
- Enjoy a High Record of Success
- Have 4 Decades of Experience
- We Offer Hands-On Client Solutions
Our team can ensure you’ve met all the requirements for probate court, if you need to go to court. If you hope to avoid the probate process, we can help you put together an estate plan to meet those objectives.
Call (310) 526-3433 to schedule a consultation with our Echo Park probate lawyer.
“If you live on one coast and have a complex legal case on the other, you want a lawyer that not only has the knowledge and expertise to handle your case, but can make it as convenient as possible. I found that with Mitchell Port.” - Michelle F.
“My brother and I have been so fortunate that my father chose Mitch Port to create his Trust!” - Cathy W
Mitch is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and professional” - Lynne
High Record of Success
Work Directly With Attorney Mitchell A. Port
Nearly 4 Decades of Experience
Discounted Consultation Rate