Probate Attorney Pasadena
Helping Clients with Estate Planning, Trusts, Wills, Tax Controversies and More!
At The Law Office of Mitchell A. Port, we proudly represent individuals, families, and businesses in probate, trust administration, tax controversies, and estate planning matters. We are committed to using our extensive resources and knowledge of the law to deliver ethical, experienced, and effective probate and estate planning representation to each client we serve in the greater Pasadena area.
Our firm’s sole practitioner, Mitchell A. Port, possesses nearly four decades of experience and is a former IRS attorney in the Office of Chief Counsel. Attorney Port’s expertise is complemented with additional skills in traditional areas such as family conflicts, disputes over property, and legal violations made by individuals left in charge of estates and trusts.
With our seasoned Pasadena probate lawyer in your corner providing reliable counsel, we can help you find practical and effective solutions to any issue you are facing. Call (310) 526-3433 today for a free phone consultation.
Legal Services We Provide to Clients in Pasadena, CA
We have successfully represented clients of all backgrounds in the following areas:
- Probate: Our Pasadena probate lawyers can provide you with the right legal tools to address various probate matters. Whether you need advice regarding creditors’ claims against the property of a deceased loved one or you want to ensure assets and property will pass to the rightful heirs, we can help you avoid costly errors.
- Estate Planning: We advise which legal documents you need to create a smart estate plan that will allow you to transfer property to your heirs, charities, and other beneficiaries after you pass away.
- Wills: We can help you draft a detailed will that outlines your wishes if you pass away. Consult with our Pasadena wills attorney so we can determine what should be included in your will to achieve your unique planning goals.
- Trusts: Clients in Pasadena turn to our trusts lawyers to establish a variety of trusts for assets they want to manage during their lifetime or distribute after death. With a trust, you appoint a trustee who will manage the trust and administer the property according to your directions.
- Special Needs Trusts: With a special needs trust, you can hold assets for a disabled individual without the assets being considered their property, which can help the disabled individual stay below certain asset thresholds for Medi-Cal and SSI benefits.
- Tax Controversies: Mitchell A. Port takes on state and federal tax controversies on behalf of our clients, and provides legal advice regarding property seizures, back taxes, discharging IRS tax liens, and more.
- Guardianships: If you want to grant another person the right and responsibility to care for your children, then you’ll need to establish guardianship. Consult with our Pasadena guardianship lawyers today to discuss the ins and outs of guardianship documents.
- Conservatorships: A conservatorship can be established if you have an incapacitated or disabled adult in your life that you want to ensure receives proper care. Speak to our Pasadena conservatorship attorneys today if you need help establishing or contesting a conservatorship.
- Legal Disputes: If you need advice regarding a dispute that centers around a recently deceased loved one's trust or will, then please get in touch with our Pasadena legal dispute lawyers so we can advocate on your behalf.
Schedule your Case Consultation with our Pasadena Probate Team
Individuals, families, and businesses across Pasadena turn to the Law Office of Mitchell A. Port for legal assistance because we have a reputation for delivering client-focused representation. Our Pasadena probate and estate planning attorneys proudly offers a wide variety of personalized legal services that can be tailored to your unique needs. Mitchell A. Port holds an AV Preeminent Rating, as well as a superb AVVO client rating of 10.0. Together, with our firm’s assistance, we can find practical solutions for all of your legal concerns
“He is experienced, compassionate, and efficient.” - Carol R.
“Mitch always goes above and beyond when dedicating his time and professional skills.” - Jamie P.
“I'd recommend Mitch to anyone requiring legal services for probate, trust administration or estate planning.” - Jill S.
High Record of Success
Work Directly With Attorney Mitchell A. Port
Nearly 4 Decades of Experience
Discounted Consultation Rate